Fill in the correct form of the words in brackets (comparative or superlative).
- My house is (big) than yours.
- This flower is (beautiful) than that one.
- This is the (interesting) book I have ever read.
- Non-smokers usually live (long) than smokers.
- Which is the (dangerous) animal in the world?
- A holiday by the sea is (good) than a holiday in the mountains.
- It is strange but often a coke is (expensive) than a beer.
- Who is the (rich) woman on earth?
- The weather this summer is even (bad) than last summer.
- He was the (clever) thief of all.
COMPARATIVE – SUPERLATIVE
- A rock is… than a leaf. ( heavy)
- Our house is …than yours. ( big)
- The princess is ….than the witch. ( beautiful)
- Tom is a ….student than Mary. ( good)
- Bicycles are …than motorbikes. ( safe)
- July is ….than January. ( hot)
- A lion is ….than a cat. ( dangerous)
- Helen is…. than Mary. ( happy)
Fill in the gaps with the superlative form of the adjectives given.
1. It is the…. shop in town. (large)
2. Monday is the…. day of the week. (bad)
3. Ben was the ….person in his family. (noisy)
4. Sam is the…. in the class. (popular)
5. Which is the ….subject at school? (difficult)
6. Jim is the ….player in the football team. (good)
7. Elephants are the…. animals. (heavy)
8. Let’s pick the ….apple of the tree. (big)
9. Mary is the….. girl in the class. (thin)
10. That is the….. sofa in our house. (comfortable)
Fill in the gaps with the comparative or the superlative form of the adjectives given.
1. This armchair is….. than the old one. (comfortable)
2. Trains are….. than aeroplanes. (slow)
3. I bought the…. souvenir I could afford. (expensive)
4. In this classroom there are….. girls than boys. (many)
5. Ann is the….. child in the family. (young)
6. That TV set is the ….. of all. (cheap)
7. You are …..here than there. (safe)
8. Fifi is….. than Kate. (pretty)
9. This is the….. film i have ever seen. (exciting)
10. Tim is …..than Peter. (talented)
Easter or “Zatik” in Armenia is one of the most colorful, joyful celebrations of the year.